View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chagrin View Post
I mounted the high-beam halo using 3M tape since it is basically permanent - gorilla glue works great too. Once I cut the chrome trim ring to fit it in, it was snug without any gaps and I taped it to the ring from the back side of both parts. I'll look through my photos and find a good example so you can see what I did. As for the bumper, I've removed it enough times that I can do it in less than 5 minutes - getting it back on takes a bit longer I have big train horns mounted behind the bumper as well, so I've taken it off several times before.

Where did you pull the wires through the headlight? Did you drill through the housings or pull them through one of the doors behind the bulbs?

BTW, you should be able to remove your wheel well lining and push that bumper back out pretty easily
lol, that a train horn? i was wondering what that was mounted behind the grill.

i pulled the wires up over the chrome shroud then plugged them in right behind the xenon ignitor. i'll take pics of it in the morning so you get a better idea. i didn't drill anything. i've installed it this same way in my last 2 e46's, never had a problem.

yea i really need to pop my bumper out. lol. i might try to do that this weekend. not really worried about how it looks cuz i'm still planning to buy another bumper after i do my 100k service, buy a new transfer case actuator, and buy the oem trailer hitch. how do you take off the wheel well lining? is it easy?