View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka View Post
Your 2 paragraphs contradict each other.

Yes Pirelli has four tyre types as you state. But some of the compounds have changed. Pirelli has said at several races that they are bringing new compounds to try out.

The new compounds they bring are for testing with an eye towards what they will use next year, not this. That's F1, nothing technical stays the same year to year.

And last I don't agree that Pirelli's goal should be to spicy up the race as I said in my previous post. And further if you agree that Pirelli should spicy up the race then you must agree that it is exactly what they are doing.
Whether you agree or not, it's the brief they were given by the FIA when they became the tire supplier. They were specifically directed to make less durable tires with a greater gap in performance between compounds.
The idea was to have cars on track with different tires in different states of wear to spice things up. They've done that. Remember the last year on Bridgestone when Vettel pitted with just one lap left at Monza? They wanted to put an end to that sort of thing.

And I can't see how my previous post contradicts itself.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"