2013 X3 28i impressions
Have been driving this car as a loaner for the last 3 days while my E60 550i is in service...
Car has no leather, no sport, 7K on odo.
My thoughts and feelings about the car:
- Nice exterior, looks cool front and rear, a bit dull from a side
- Nice interior in terms of instrumentation, I actually like this iDrive iteration
- Nice backup camera, top view is a bit hard to read at times
- Surprisingly snappy engine, feels like there is much more than 240 hp, felt no turbo lag
- Nice breaks and steering as usual with BMW, steering is on the light side
- Surprisingly roomy inside, big trunk
- Smooth quick transmission
- Suspension is soft but makes for comfortable ride
- Feels wobbly side-to-side at times, like a boat feeling
- Very hard and narrow (horizontal part) seats, uncomfortable
- No motorized steering column adjustment on $40K+ vehicle, really?!
- Interior built quality is not very high - driver side door panel with buttons for adjusting side mirrors already squeaking. That panel is also poorly positioned - my left leg rests on it and it's hard, uncomfortable and squeaking.
- Car interior is pretty noisy at hwy speeds (50+), almost as noisy as Rav4 I drove right before X3
- Doors feel too light and close with cheap sound, like Rav4
Last edited by hooch999; 09-18-2012 at 07:21 AM.