Thread: Z4 Roadster (E85) New Alarm system doesn't work
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:34 PM
BruceJ

Mein Auto: Z4 Si, 330i
1. What part number for the alarm kit and or components if you bought them seperately - Check REALOEM for compatibility - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do enter it in the PN application search - make sure its compatible with your build date by mm/yr.
2. You may have already done it, but if not, check all the new plug-in connections to make sure they are connected - its a pita to take things apart but.....
3. While you are there check the Plugs for correct wiring when you do #2. There are different alarms. I think there were 4 wire plugs and 6 wire plugs - IIRC even though they connected not all were compatible with every year

The hood switch test you did is spot on - with switch depressed, one click on the the key to lock, then let go of switch and it should alarm. I think mine did this even before activation.
You may not have a tilt sensor - if price was like 50-60 retail then I'd be surprised if you do. This is the PN a lot of us used "65730302424." Its just a siren with a hood switch.

Good Luck!

Life's Good!
07 Z4Si - Mods: M front Bumper, Mstache, Alarm, Hardtop Retrofit & Hardtop, mudflaps, windscreen, DaveZ GDO, Intravee II, Gaptech Remote +, Diet hamburgers and a Fat steering wheel.
03 330i - Mods: MTechII front Bumper, 125K and rollin!

Last edited by BruceJM; 09-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.