View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Congratulations!
Such a beautiful car. Rolls Royce under its BMW ownership really has reached a perfect blend of style, classic design, technology and electronic reliability, something it didn't have before.

Much better focus on details, such as the switches you describe so well.
I remember the electrical system of the old Silver Spur's; a typical british nightmare...

You might want to consider replacing the brake pads on the car. We had Akebono performance ceramic pads installed on our MB's which were just awful with the stock pads and the difference was day and night.

Even though driving the 4500lbs. SL600 aggressively, the wheels stay clean for over a week and the braking with the ceramic pads is as good as stock.

Enjoy!
According to the Akebono...the dust free Euro pads are not available for Rolls Royce or 7 Series. I sent them an email asking for sure though. Luckily the wheel design and the super glossy, slippery chrome finish makes the Rolls Royce wheels super easy to clean...but if I want them to look shiny, they need to be daily or 2x day if heavy driving & city stop & go. Annoying, but for sure a High Quality problem!!!