View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: 98 BMW 328i
Exclamation transmission help please!!!!

Looking for some help, advice, solution anything really i would appreciate anything. im new to BMW so please bare with me if i sound like a complete idiot! i have a 1998 BMW 328i and everything is great except for the transmission. Its an automatic and it shifts perfectly fine from a stop through all the gears except from 2nd to 3rd from 2 to 3 it jerks really hard. as for the slowing down when it down shifts im not able to place it but it does the same when it down shifts from 3 to 2 and on ocasion it also does it from 2 to 1. now from a dead stop if i floor it it shift really hard through all the gears except 1 to 2. the transmisson light IS on in the dash and i have checked the fluid level and decided to do a service on the transmission. i drained the fluid changed the trans filter, new trans pan seal, and put the approved trans fluid in and made sure it was the right level/amount. im very good mechanically with cars/trucks and can do almost anything to/with cars and trucks, but BMW's elude me cause there a vehicle im not at all familiar with. please help me out yall this is my first BMW ever and i really want to experiance it for what it really is!! thanks

Last edited by npbisbee; 09-22-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Advertisement