View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAdams View Post
Been looking for nice wheels for a while and ran across 2011 750i stock wheels on craigslist. Would like to know if they will fit without any problems.
The new F01/02 has different offsets than out cars and would require spacers to work with our setups. I remember looking at the Style 312's for my car and came to the conclusion I'd need almost 25mm spacers to accomplish a factory look, and 32mm to get it a bit more flush like I wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAdams View Post
These are the wheels I have on my car. I like the way they look, but problem is the brake dust is welded in and I cannot get it off. Anyway, I don't know what kind of offset my wheels have, but I'm hopping same as the 2011 wheels I found for sale (which have offset is30)
The brake dust can be removed with the right product and tools. I HIGHLY SUGGEST getting TRIX (from the makers of Iron Cut) and a good stiff bristled detaling brush and to take the wheels off and clean them. I did this with the wheels on my 760 and it removed about 99% of the baked on dust. There are a few spots that have really crusted on dust that a second time should remove!