View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: X3 Alpine White 2011 2.8
Thank you so much for checking into this for me my friend!

Yes it is a long street but regardless of that it shouldn't need a zip because there is only one 1800 n. milwaukee in chicago.

Problem is the issue persists with many streets, here is another example

IL
Chicago
N. Marshfield

These two are the ones I can remember but I had many other streets with same problem.

You also brought up another major concern. Jefferson Park and etc should not even come up as an option.

My dealer is useless I wonder if there is a person at BMW headquarters I should try to reach.

Also I'm curios if 2013 software update resolves any of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
My '11 35i has not been updated, and behaves similarly with that address. I put in:

IL
Chicago
N Mil

and when I right click with iDrive I get a list of villages/neighborhhods (Harwood heights, Jefferson Park, etc., followed by a list of Zip Codes. Each listed village/neighborhood and zip code seems to have a section of N Milwaukee in it. Trying each of them, it's only when I get down to 60647 that I can enter 1800 as a street number. I haven't run into this before. It's got nothing to do with the update, because I don't have it. The problem is likely a GPS data or GPS software logic flaw. I expected, as you apparently did, that the GPS would give me N. Milwaukee Ave, and then let me put in a street number.

I don't know Chicago at all. Is N. Milwaukee unusually long or something?