View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Mein Auto: 650i XDrive Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650iQ7 View Post
Maybe is already well known by most of you, but here is a link showing IOS 6 beta version allowing messages to be read through connected drive, finally.
Also, I was finally able to download/upgrade media/bluetooth update file from BMW.COM, and upgraded iTunes as well,ready for IOS 6!. Click on smiley face
finally!!!!! I was waiting for this, now I can see both messages and emails after IOS6 upgrade...

of course there are always limitations: it doesn't actually sync messages or emails, it only shows new messages and emails as they come in., they need to be unopened/unread, it's basically pulling the email and sms notification messages from the phone. You cannot reply or do anything with them, just read it or have the iDrive read it out load for you in a cryptic way or use a phone number in the message to dial.

And of course you need to jump through some hoops to make it happen
- Need the latest combox update (3.4.5)
- Turn the "Show Notifications" to on in bluetooth settings
- In notification center turn on "Show preview" and "view in lock screen" for each email account and also for messages

it works through bluetooth so it works with or without the dock or the connected driver app.