View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 95 525iT w/S52, 03 530i
Another reason to like the Stewart EMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
172k on the clock and Stewart EMP still kickin'!
I have been using the Stewart EMP in my 97 328iC for 3 years and 30K miles with excellent results. Shortly after I did the install, my upper radiator hose blew off while my wife had the car at the supermarket 8 miles from home. (Apparently, the chief mechanic forgot to tighten the hose clamp. That would be me.) She did not understand what had happened and called me to say the low oil light just came on. I figured it was just a flaky oil pan sensor because I had just changed the oil and filter while doing the cooling system work. She drove it home with no coolant and severely overheated the engine. It was making some very frightening sounds as she drove up the driveway. The low oil light was not on. It was the overtemp warning light!!!! The cast iron 2.8 M52 is one tough engine. It survived this event and has been running well in daily use ever since. All I did was change fluids and fire it up.

The Stewart EMP survived high temps and running dry and is still working well 3 years later. I also installed this pump on my E34 with S52 swap and will install it on the E39 530i 5 spd I am picking up on Friday. It is worth every penny.