View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 AM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwMan92 View Post
Getting my clutch pedal in the morning I will grab the slave line off that e30. Your not saying I'm going to have to cut any holes are you? Am I going to need any special Bmw tool to align the clutch?
no holes to cut, on a RHD there is an oval panel on the firewall that you need to punch out for the master cylinder to poke its tail out and connect to the hardline in the engine bay, and a rubber gasket to make it water proof. The oval is pressed into the chassis when built so comes out if you tap it a few times with a ballpein hammer. not sure if LHD is the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
you need a bmw clutch alignment tool
no you don't, have never used one. get the 10mm 1/4" drive 1" long socket most socket sets come with and wrap a few layers of sticky tape around the outside to make it snug in the clutch hole, with a 3" 1/4"drive extension on it, then slip another socket over the top the is the same size as the center of the pressure plate. I use 100% Bahco tools

that said, ive heard some clutch kits will come with a plastic alignment tool to suit, but i have only ever brought OEM

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014

Last edited by _Ethrty-Andy_; 09-20-2012 at 12:59 AM.