View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i c
Unhappy I cannot get messages through idrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuncy View Post
finally!!!!! I was waiting for this, now I can see both messages and emails after IOS6 upgrade...

of course there are always limitations: it doesn't actually sync messages or emails, it only shows new messages and emails as they come in., they need to be unopened/unread, it's basically pulling the email and sms notification messages from the phone. You cannot reply or do anything with them, just read it or have the iDrive read it out load for you in a cryptic way or use a phone number in the message to dial.

And of course you need to jump through some hoops to make it happen
- Need the latest combox update (3.4.5)
- Turn the "Show Notifications" to on in bluetooth settings
- In notification center turn on "Show preview" and "view in lock screen" for each email account and also for messages

it works through bluetooth so it works with or without the dock or the connected driver app.
I have turned on all notifications, I did upgrade my 4S to IOS 6, I did upgrade the idrive software from BMW.com, I have turned on notifications in iPhone bluetooth for the BMW vehicle. I did not get SMS through
Is there anything else?.
Thanks

2012 Eurocup: "Espaņa"

2012 650i Convertible/Alpine white/Vermilion Red Nappa Leather/Fine Line Oak Wood Trim/Drive Assistance Package/Premium Sound Package/20" Light-Alloy Wheels V-spoke (Style 356) with performance tires/Increased top speed limiter/Luxury Seating Package/BMW Apps

Previous BMWs:

2008 BMW M6 convertible/Alpine White/Indianapolis Red leather

2003 BMW Z4 3.0/Sterling Gray/Black interior