View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu08senior View Post
Question -- I'm brand new to these forums and coding. Just bought a 2012 E93... And was interested in Coding (i.e. Automatic Hardtop convertible movements via keyless comfort keyfob, etc)

I noticed the majority of this forum was dedicated to FXX models.

A) Could anyone point me in the direction of some E9X coding manuals, background info, etc.

B) Also, I know that BMW is coming out with a revamped iDrive/ConnectedDrive in the next year or two... What are my options to make this part of my current car (i.e. Software Update from BMW, BMW retrofit, Coding, etc)

Many apologies-- Really new to this BMW iDrive world-- had an old 2004 325xi that really required no modding... but looking forward to playing catch-up!

Thanks!
You are correct. Most of what is here is Fxx Chassis and E-Sys related, although some of the users here came from Exx chassis or still have an Exx chassis that they code with NCS Expert, INPA, Tool32, etc., and flash with WinKFP.

Your best bet though is to go here, and read this thread, maybe not all 193 pages, but at least the 1st post. This should get you going in the right direction.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

The new iDrive is here now, as in 2013 F10's. Your 2012 E93 surely will be able to be retrofitted with the new new CIC Head Unit (HU_NBT), but it will be more complicated and more expensive than what it was to retrofit the previous CIC Head Unit (HU_CIC) into a factory CCC Head Unit vehicle. The new HU_NBT has Combox (TCU & MULF) built into it, so the Unit Cost will be much more, plus the hardware installation will be much more than just swapping the Head Unit as all the Combox wiring in the trunk will need to be relocated to connections on the CIC. On top of that, the FSC Codes in your current CIC will not work with the new CIC. So, you will still need to either buy and import and activate all your FSC Codes into the new Head Unit for Navigation, Voice Recognition, Maps, Sat Radio, BMW Apps, etc., or buy a Hardware Activation Module (CAN Filter) for Navigation and Voice Recognition, and FSC Codes for the others. This by itself will be very expensive. So, is it doable? Sure, if you have a lot of money to throw at it.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 09-20-2012 at 09:04 AM.