View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu08senior View Post
So essentially, in addition to actually buying the mod and having it done -- I would have to pay BMW for *new* access to the same services I currently have just with a newest Combox/CIC? Or I could buy this CAN Filter (which may fake them for me, etc?) I need a glossary of terms ha.

Learning slowly.... May just start with modding my ComfortAccess KeyFOB to open/close roof and mirrors automatically ....
Yes. The FSC Codes are VIN Specific. If you program your actual VIN into any new Head Unit, as would be the OEM way, the FSC Codes inside the donor CIC would not be any good, as they have the old donor VIN, so you would have to replace them. Your original ones from your old CIC can't be used in the new CIC either, so you would need all new FSC Codes. There some sellers though that sell a hardware activation module (aka, emulator or CAN Filter) that allows you to keep the donor VIN in the CIC and the FSC Codes, as it fools the CIC into thinking the VIN is the same as the car VIN. This though I believe only works on for the Navigation and Voice Recognition functions, so I am not sure about the FSC Codes for other functions such as Map, Sat Radio, BMW Apps, etc., and how they are made to work.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips