View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 3.0: six speed
Spark Plug Question Z4

Back in a BMW after a few years hiatus. Picked up a 2003 Z4 3.0 with 51,000 miles. The previous owner replaced the valve cover gasket, belts, and the tires were replaced with Bridgestone RF; the timing tensioner/belt was checked, and the engine oil changed.

The service records show a pretty good track record, but I am moving to flush the brake fluid and cooling system, as there is no record of that having been done. I investigated some independents here in Middle Tennessee, but will be using the local BMW dealer for the heavy lifting items.

Previously I had a 535i, loved the vehicle, sold it to go SCCA racing. Now I am back on the street side of the equation, and really enjoy the Z4 on the roads around Tennessee.

Just completed the top cleaning and restoration with the RaggTops products discussed in the forum, and got great results. But the top was not that dirty. This is a two owner car that has obviously been garage kept. Seals all look good, paint has a few minor scratches, but overall I give it an 8 on a 10 scale.

So far there are no signs of the steering issues that many people note, and the tires do provide a bit of a stiffer ride, but the grip is good.

So I look forward to sharing some ideas with you folks. And I'll start with the spark plugs. Do you have a recommended after market plug that you use? And should I be aware of any special tricks involved in changing out the ones on the 3.0?

Thanks