View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmackey View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not jumping to lemon, but a problem that was not properly diagnosed or corrected. So far I feel that the dealer is replacing all the parts around the problem and hasn't hit the right one, so the idea of a new tranny and other parts is nice, but I want a realiable car for my wife and the car has not left us stranded or cost any $ to this point, but my time isn't free either. I know once they replace enough parts they will find the component that is causing the rumble and at this point it's not my money. I was looking for input from someone that may have already been down this same or familiar road.

D-
I have if you read the transmission sticky. I had mine in the shop over 15 times in one year. I started it to warn off people and hold BMWNA accountable. It came down to the VP of BMWNA in a face to face at the dealer saying, "Get Him A New X3".

Just trying to save you the hassle and inevitable outcome. The dealer finally gets frustrated and says that's it. Then you are stuck. Sometimes no matter what they dump into the car it can't be fixed. I am not the only one that this has occurred. So while the dealer seems to be in a giving mood I would highly suggest you at least ask.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more