View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
Brake dust barrier is for painted surfaces on wheels. You could technically use it on your paint if you wanted i guess but you will lose some gloss as it is not a transparent coating but on silver wheels you can't really tell.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
If it's not for paint, do you not think that the wheels are painted?
Apparently, I should have worded that better! To answer your question, definitely not, as I've personally applied paint to my wheels with DIY wheel repair. (For those who might think of trying this in the future, be warned that just because everyone in your chassis subforum mentions Wurth paint, or that your first page of google results show Wurth paint, does not make it the best choice! In my case the proper OEM match would've been Felgensilber Metallic 144. Ask me how I know, well ok I'll tell you, a wheel repair pro in the detailing dept taught me that, but after it was too late!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Hi Alan,

I have been following your posts for a while and got my car at the same time as you did! I am interested in applying opticoat to my car as well - could you please tell me where you got it done. Assuming you live in NY/NJ area. Thank you
I'm not Alan, and I've never had it done, but I should mention that our sponsor, Detailer's Domain (aka Phil) out of NJ, has done more OC's than you can shake a stick at. If you search his threads in the detailing dept here, you are bound to find photos, possibly even hundreds of photos. There are instances where he does just OC the wheels only.

Last edited by Ilovemycar; 09-20-2012 at 08:42 PM.