View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmackey View Post
So how did the replacement X3 work out for you? I didn't read the thread with yours specifically and your signature shows a thumbs up, but RIP.

D-
The MT X3 was a good car, but had the lifter issues that had to be replaced. Since it was out of warranty recently and I had lost faith in BMW being accountable as I had to fight with the dealer on any repair that was more than a oil change I wasn't giving them any more money by buying an extended warranty. The new X3 is only AT and after hearing that the lag issue is still showing up in the new F25 series I wasnt going to take that risk all over again. Once was enough.

I typically won't own an SUV that has over 70k miles as that is when all the major (expensive) failures begin. And since even the best indy shop still charges over $100/hr around here I wasn't going to invest any money in repairs.

BMWNA and her dealer's biggest problem with their cars is not their cars, but they lie so much they believe their own lies. The AT 07 was a text book example of that as they will deny up down and sideways the tranny can be faulty. One of their biggest lies is: "They are supposed to be that way". There is no polite way to put it. THAT is a flat out lie.

Your dealer seems very good to go through all that, but eventually BMWNA will start finding reasons to stop paying CPO or not. It is BMWNA that must approve the warranty work. Kind of like insurance is to doctors.

I recommend that before that happens ask for a trade assist and get into a different BMW. The dealer wins because it is essentially selling you a new car. And you win as well.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more