View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
yep - I'm not a change hater but I realize that change does not necessarily equate to better...
The F10 M5 offers higher performance but I am told it offers a less involving experience...( I have not driven the new M5)

My alternative to the new M4 is a 991 but the 991 has also been morphed into a very different kind of 911 - higher performance but less visceral at real world speeds...a la BMW.

Speaking of Porsches - look at the change from 993 to 996 - you can buy a 996 for next to nothing but 993s are beginning to appreciate. Goes to show that it usually takes some time to realize what you don't have.

If I end up keeping my E92 M3 I won't be unhappy - in terms of my needs and desires I think my E92 M3 is perfect - hard to beat perfect.
993s have always been crazy expensive, cause it was the last of the air-cooled 911s.

I wonder if the last of the naturally aspirated M cars will also retain their value?