View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
This Bar Mitzvah thing reminded me of a recent encounter I had with a guy whose son used to be on my Little League baseball team about 14 years ago.

I was walking my dog at the park and he drives up in a spanking new Audi S4 and parks near to where I parked my '01 Suburban. He was a total upitty so and so when I coached his kid and he had not changed much over the years. So, he sees me walking to my car and calls out to say hello. I go over and compliment him on his new car and ask how he likes it. He starts giving me the how exclusive it is and was obviously dying to say how much it cost because it is such an "expensive car". So, I say to him that I really liked the car too, and that's why I got one for my daughter as a college graduation gift.

The guy almost swallows his tongue on the spot, and when he gained his composure, he asked..."well, what are you driving then?" I said that I'm driving the Suburban over there and left it at that.

When I coached youth soccer and baseball, I never drove any of my fun cars and always had an SUV for the games and practices. That way, the parents could just hate me for being the coach and not out of jealousy as well!
This is great, thanks for the laugh.

And probably a good choice with the Audi (non RFT's) considering Philly roads. Nice to have garage space there, too.

PS. Congrats on the Porsche, looks damn good.

As for the OP, buy what YOU want. The E92 is damn good looking and based on the F30, the F32 probably won't look THAT much different. I usually like newer models, as well, but had a loaner F30 335 this week while mine was in for service and was much happier getting back into the "old" E90.

2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust, 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint

Last edited by chrisk03; 09-21-2012 at 07:18 PM.