View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
That's the distilled opinion of most journalists who've driven the car. My opinion? It's a gimmick which makes the mpg figure higher when run through the standard test sequence, but one which will be disabled by most drivers in the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I hate it. I don't care if it saves fuel or how much. I would have the re-coding done or manually disable it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I would absolutely refuse to use it.
That's exactly correct. I haven't used ASS once except by mistake and the service bulletin allowing F30 owners a free recode to get rid of it came out the same week I took delivery which was very convenient timing since I couldn't let the wife near the car until ASS was out of the equation.

Since then, my ASS is disabled, it hasn't bothered me at all, it's like I have no ASS.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 09-22-2012 at 01:43 AM.