View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Boxster S
Mark,

My advice is to figure out what the dealer invoice price (his cost) is and offer him $1000 over that (as he undoubtedly gets additional profit back from BMW beyond what you're giving him). Here's the link to figure that out:

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/m3/years....ub=convertible

If you know you only need a car for two years it's almost always better to lease, but that could depend on the particular deals being offered by BMW finance.

Re. options: I'd say the only "must have" is Dynamic Damper Control, which is quite a bargain @ $1000. If you're going to be doing all your driving in Texas you won't need the cold weather package (although here in the northeast it's another "must have"). I would also say satellite radio is inexpensive enough to make it a "must have." As for the navigation system, I just put my smartphone on a dashboard mount and use that, but if you're going to be anywhere in the boonies of Texas, you may want to think about the factory's CD-based system. (On the other hand, if you're in an area with no cell service in Texas, there's probably only one road you can be on anyway so it's pretty hard to get lost, lol.)