View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
I just recieved a 2012 X5 35i loaner and was shocked at how noticeable the hesitation was in normal mode. If I paid $60K for this sort of performance I would be shopping Audi or Porshe. Seriously not good.

The 2013 X3's also have the hesitation but not as bad. It was enough though to drive me up to the 35i. Every vehicles going to be a little different but my 2013 35i does not hesitate at all. If it did it would be in the shop for sure. No tolerance for hesitation issues especially in a new BMW at their prices.
And yet Jen many people will make excuses for BMWNA with this. It's almost like "Enabling" a person with an addiction problem. They will never change their behavior as long as people keep covering for them.

I have driven 3 35 X3's and two did not exhibit the problem and one did. To me that means it's still lurking its ugly head. I was going to risk getting one if Dinan would have produced a chip like they have done for ALL the other N55 BMW's but for whatever reason they are dragging their feet on this one. If they do I would love to hear from someone how it changes things.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more