View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post

Here is the 5

]
Oops, I was thinking of the "buttress" on the E60 5er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
If tt would put down his mug of BMW Kool-Aid for a minute and compare the 6'er with the F30 interior he would note that the perfectly placed nav screen in the 6'er does not look like a stuck-on after thought. He would also notice that the "buttress" on the 6'er looks like a flowing design line, rather than an anti cowl shake brace with a cover on it, like it it does on the F30.
I will agree with tt on this point; the 6 is well thought out and the next 100 large I have sitting around collecting dust in CD's is going for a 6 series, an M6 would be quite nice indeed.
Oh well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think the iDrive screen on the F30 looks like an afterthought and I like the "design language" carryover of the buttress from the 6er and the E60 5er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
I am not tasteless! You want tasteless, look up "Chris Bangle" in Wikipedia.
Bangle is responsible for the E46 design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

Why, oh why, on the F30 can't they manage to get the A-pillars/headliner to match the rest of the interior?

It's obvious they can do it on the 6er. Just doing that would go a long way in unifying
things and give it a "well thought out" look.

Kat, that goes back to the E9x if not earlier.

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 09-22-2012 at 07:41 PM.