View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
It's hard to say why South Bay BMW and the CA gave me the impression they didn't want to take an order. I take some of the blame because I wanted a car as soon as possible. My partner's car was near death when we started this process in late August, and soon did die. We then had to share one car, and will continue to have to do so for several weeks now. But our car needs have changed as of this week, so it will be easier. Other LA residents will understand that using LA public transport is mostly pretty tricky. My commute went from about 35-45 minutes by car to at least 90 minutes, walk/bus/train/train/walk. But boy did I see another side of LA, a side it is good to be reminded is many people's reality.

From the beginning we said we wanted premium and lighting packages, but that the lighting packages could maybe be dropped. And we had color preferences (I don't really want to have a black or white car). So South Bay BMW and the CA actually did a good thing finding an incoming Silver s28 with premium. But in the last couple of weeks, as more inventory hit CA dealerships, I began to realize we probably compromised too much. So I communicated that to our CA, and no, she didn't really offer to have us come in and place an order for the car we wanted.

It's all fine. I should say that even Beverly Hills BMW first tried real hard to see if they could identify anything coming in close to what we want, and even after placing the order, the CA said, "Hey if we find something later like what you ordered, but maybe with a couple extras, if we match the price will you be interested?" And I said "Depends but probably." So apparently most any dealership would rather sell from stock or trade from stock that place an order.