View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535d x drive
Email Not Working

I am having similar results to others who have reported that email is not working on the iDrive. My Office menu has some new features other than contacts, however, it does not populate emails received while connected, nor does it populate texts not received while connected. I have yet to test texts received while connected, and will advise.

I have latest firmware for the car, and I have iOS 6 in an iPhone 4s from Verizon. I will keep you posted about further testing, and will check with dealer tomorrow.

I am somewhat relieved that the music/album functions appear to remain intact using the new lightning cable, but I prefer the cradle so may wait for that before upgrading to iPhone 5.

Situations like this are a perfect illustration of the need for better communication between tech suppliers like Apple and car manufacturers--apparently such compatibility issues can affect sales on both sides........an interesting world we live in.....
2014 535d xdrive ED 4/28/14 Glacier silver, Ivory Interior-Soft Close Doors, Ash wood, Harmon Kardon, Cold Package, Driver Assistant and Driver Assistant Plus, Luxury Line, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Premium Package