View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
All do respect but if you look at units sold, BMW is not even a blip on the Apple radar, considering they expect to sell about 50 million Iphone 5 this year. BMW just like everybody else gets it when everyone does... developer edition. For BMW it takes time to upgrade software and get out updates. Give them a chance.

Also, are you saying that if you knew the new iPhone was not going to work you would not have bought a BMW? I understand your frustration, but really? Affect sales? If Apple still had stock there would still be a line at the Apple store... LOL They just changed the connector which screwed EVERY accessory seller and did not even blink.
True. Same when they eliminated floppy drives, then optical drives from laptops, switched from SCSI connections, introduced and later dropped FireWire for USB, adopted Thunderbolt, etc., etc. I have several early iPods with FireWire connections sitting on my shelf. The world will have to adapt to Apple, and not the other way around. Given the volume of iOS sales, it's basically required to be in the game. I'm not saying that Apple shouldn't work harder to ease transitions to new platforms, but agree that we shouldn't be surprised or treat this switch as an unprecedented event.