View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 x3 3.0, 2002 325i
I would bet it is the center bearing on the driveshaft. I had a vibration that was bad at low speeds and when pulling a load / hill below about 50mph. You could also notice a very slight vibration that was reduced all the way to 130 mph. (I live near Germany). I replaced the Guibo and the center bearing (had to use a wheel puller to get it off!). The Guibo looked fine when compared to the new one, I replaced it anyhow. The center bearing had a slight wobble to it when rotated about the driveshaft -- even though it looked fine. When installed - problem was solved. Job took about 3 hours due to the struggle with getting the center bearing off the shaft. Recommend using a lift, drop the exhaust (easy with two people), drop the head shield, and then unbolt the front of the driveshaft to get at the centerbearing.I have read many posts and talked to the folks at Turner Motorsports who suggested replacing the Guibo and center bearing, in hindsight I could have gotten by with just replacing the latter. Hope this helps.