View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Bimmer Lover

Mein Auto: e70, e36, e34
I have a 2011 X5 5.0 (just purchased 6 weeks ago - love it) and live in Colorado - we take frequent trips to the mountains in the winter so I plan to fit my factory 19" 335 rims with Nokian Hakkapelitta snow tires in the next few months. I have the Continental 4x4 Contact SSR run flats from the factory and IMO they are the weakest link in the car's handling (although I think the car's overall handling is phenomenal). And, this summer I plan to add some 20" wheels with the best handling summer tires I can (reasonably) afford.

I bought the X5 because, for an SUV, it has great handling and sporting performance in a vehicle that I will be driving a lot with my family. I have 5 kids and we spend a lot of time in an SUV. I LOVE driving, and I LOVE Bimmers, so in my opinion it doesn't make sens to pay the $$ that I did for an X5 and not have optimal tires. This is just my perspective and I know not everyone will want to pay the extra to have two complete set of rims and high end tires, optimized for each season.

How much snow do you get in Toronto?
12 Powerstroke Diesel

Last edited by sarends; 09-23-2012 at 11:20 AM.