View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
Florence, Pisa --> Pisa is THE Biggest tourist trap in Italy - plan spend no more than 1 hr there. For Florence 1 day is nothing - but if you decided go anyway - I strongly recommended to buy tickets to Ufficy Gallery museum on-line. Then you don't need to stay in 3hrs+ line. If you can - substitute Pisa for Siena - I will skip Pisa for Siena any day.
Walks Inside Florence's three-hour introductory tour costs 50 per person
Florence had one of the best gelaterias in Italy.

We spent two nights in Florence during our ED and it was not enough days. It was my wife's favorite stop on the trip. We're going to book a flight here and stay for a week without a car.

We booked the morning and afternoon tours so that we could see Florence and the Academia in the morning and then the Uffizy Gallery and the David in the afternoon. We also stopped in Lucca for an ATM withdrawal and it looked like a nice place to stay for a night as well. On our car-less trip, we'll probably do a day tour to Sienna with Florence being our home base along with some Tuscan wine touring.

My wife loves Chocolate and ordered a scoop of Chocolate and a scoop of Almond. Next time, she would get two scoops of Almond instead. Ask for a taste if your not sure first.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals

Last edited by 640GC; 09-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.