View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 323is/328i
Universal joints

Fixing e36 Driveshaft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a english major...Please forgive me . You absolutely "Can" replace Universal joints. e36 joints From the U joint store or Ebay .. E36. 430-11 is the size for my 98- 323is and 97- 328ic. The trick is tools . Burn the ujoints out with a torch .. alittle at a time (dont go crazy with the heat.) Press them out(normally. )That will leave you with the staked burrs. circle file them down .(Burrs) Emery cloth smooth. (Lightly) press them in. they will need to be centered in . This is where it sounds crazy but works perfect ,get $2.00 in quarters (Not silver) Press those into the yoke ends .(It will center them perfectly). Put a tack weld on outer ear of the yoke , leting the weld puddle down to the quarter.(On the thickest part of the circle)inner ear. Bmw shaft is balanced put marks everywhere so the shaft goes back exactly as it wwas . the front shaft also is splined exactly so put it back exactly on the same slpine . It Works !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BimmerGary328i; Today at 04:57 PM.. Reason: PICTURES>>>type bimmergary328i on photobucket
urself.