View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 E90 M3
I don't really have anything to offer on the lease vs purchase discussion but, as someone who lives in Houston, I would add the following suggestions.

- I also love convertibles but, as most of the year it's too cold or too hot to have the top down, a convertible isn't very practical here. The majority of the summer it really is too hot/humid to want the top down and have no air conditioning.

- As Houston is a big city, for me the navigation is a necessity. The phone is one work around for that, but it's a small screen and takes much more focus off of your driving than the bigger nav screen in the car. It's also handy having the side map on all the time which you wouldn't have using your phone.

- You might try Walter DeCesaris at the Momentum BMW in west Houston (almost in Katy) to discuss lease vs purchase or anything purchase related. I've used him for a couple of new and a couple of used cars in the past and he's always done right by me. http://www.bmwwest.com/dealership/staff.htm (I am in no way affiliated with the dealership, just in the right part of town for you and I've had positive experiences with him.)

- If you need any info or recommendations about the area (Katy or west Houston), feel free to PM me.