Thread: New to BMW's
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
The sedan has been on DD status still, but it's currently being driven by one of the guys at the shop while we cage his e30 chassis for Spec e30. Only thing done to it is test fit the LTW flags that are going on the other Spec e30. We are building three Spec cars, one is almost finished and will be racing Oct. 6th at Sebring Raceway

Here you can see the Delphin crew lol. Car in the middle is ChumpE, one of our friends built it for Chump Series and has 3 4th place finishes, two of those races were on a broken rocker arm after just a couple hours in! The one on the right is my shop helpers daily.

The Zinno car got a 3.73 and a 120k mile m20b25, timing belt/pump, new fuel pump, new battery, and some nicer front seats we scored.

And here's how my old coupe sits. You can see the height difference in the strut towers. Thought about using the shell for my Spec car, even purchased a cage, but it was going to cost more to straighten the frame than to find another shell - the roof buckled between the passenger door and sunroof and the door jamb is slightly bent, that was the deal breaker

The white car next to it is getting an m52, and this is the OBDII s52 swap that was in front of the Zinno, been daily driving since that pic...

Lots of projects floating around in the shop at the moment.

The 1986 325es Delphin project LINK

Project 1988 325i sedan "Pinky" LINK

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 09-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.