Thread: Devastated!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Vibration in your seat predominantly means that it's the rear tires that are at at fault; and the slight vibration at the steering wheel means that there is a little bit of the front as well.

Now that we know the rear tires are the BIG issue, lets start with some things. First of all what rims are on the car? Are they BMW? What size are they?

Next the tires, What tires do you have and what size are they? The tires can be a HUGE issue! Where were they installed and how were they balanced? I suggest a tire place use a Road Force Balancer which warms up the tire and applies a load to it as they are much more accurate.

Third, do you have any sort of spacers, adapters or foreign objects between the wheel and the hub of the car?

Fourth, What is the condition and torque on the rear lug bolts? If improperly torqued or if damaged, the lugs cannot do their job properly!

Fifth, how are the bushings on the rear suspension?
the rear tires are falken fk452 size 275/35/20 and couple weeks ago i have put a 20mm ecstunning spacers ordered them new...
front tires are achilles dessert hawk uhp size 245/40/20
rims brand unknown...staggered
bought rims with tires for 500 cash...both front and rear tires are brand new
achilles tires looks like cheaply made tires and falken fk 452 are pretty good
when i bought the rims guy mentioned that he had the tires/rims balanced so i took his word for it...looks like computer balance is my next step
rear lug bolts are very good condition and torgued properly
bushings are ok front and rear