View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
It's funny, I was told to not complain about the bad ref'ing in SB 2006, told that bad calls happen. Told that I was a whiner because I brought up the FACT that the refs blew that ever important game, they even admitted they screwed the pooch! Yet you same folks are now wearing those shoes. PRICELESS!
I LOVE KARMA!

So, never mind the game, how about that Seahawk defense?

10 sacks in the past two games (Cowboys, GB) and have held Romo and Rodgers to 1 TD combined.
Clemens TIES AN NFL RECORD for most sacks in a half!
Did you hear that ? Yes, that was the sound of on of the NFL's top elite defenses making sounds around the nation last night.

Quote:
Replacement officials have taken over all discussion about "Monday Night Football," but don't overlook the fact that the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks put on a defensive clinic.

The Packers gave up just 238 yards and allowed the Seahawks to convert 2 of 11 third downs. Quarterback Russell Wilson completed 47.6 percent of his passes for 130 yards, including the 24-yard Hail Mary. Rookie linebacker Nick Perry showed ridiculous athleticism chasing Wilson down from behind for a sack. Marshawn Lynch averaged 3.9 yards per carry. The Seahawks reached the red zone just once.

The Seahawks had eight first-half sacks -- more than 23 teams have all season. They held the Packers offense to 12 points. Remember, this is reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers and the highest-scoring team from 2011. The offense managed 268 yards and was 7 for 15 on third down. The Packers found the red zone twice all night.

This would have been celebrated if this was a Ravens-Steelers game. Or if we weren't busy talking about the final play.

By the way, the Packers (261 yards per game allowed) and Seahawks (272.3) are ranked No. 3 and No. 4 in total defense. Seattle has allowed the fewest points in the league (13 points per game) and Green Bay (18) is No. 7.

Last edited by Sportsdad; 09-25-2012 at 09:23 AM.