Thread: Devastated!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerisheteknik View Post
well i got them of craigslist....guy had them on his e66...they are not bent,the chrome on lips is not perfect thats why only 500 for rims and tires but falken fk452 were brand new and fronts

were new too just not falkens but achilles

yes the spacers came with extended rear bolts as i would not be able to put the rear rims on with stock lug bolts...

i think i measured the rear rims and they were 20x11 or 10.5 outside edge to outside edge

im pretty sure the front rims are problem..as only the steering wheel is shaking

ill try to lower the rears to 38psi and see if that helps but still have to take rims to get balanced...just too busy right now
I was just making sure about the bolts since some folks try to force fit it! The rims are the right size but now I'm a tad confused since you said you feel the vibration more in the steering wheel than you do in the seat, but you said the oposite a few posts ago!

If the steering wheel is shaking, then it's the front wheels that have an issue. I suggest you have the wheels rebalanced at a shop that uses a HUNTER ROAD FORCE BALANCER :
http://www.gsp9700.com/search/FindLocations.cfm

These machines are the best in the industry and will balance your tires well!

Another concern I have is about the wheel centers, mount the wheels on your car (no lug bolts, jacked up clearing the ground) and see if the wheel is sitting flush on the hub (behind where the centercap goes). If not, you will need a hubcentric adapter and that would be the cause for a TON of vibrations. If it is sitting fine then the issue is more than likely the balancing + bad front tires.

FYI, a tire with a bad set of cords or rubber that is separating on the inside will cause serious vibrations as the warm up and get to certain speeds as the weight of the wheel is shifting. Also it only takes a little bit of weight to get a vibration resolved or worse, I think the shop near me got it within 3 grams of what it needed to be in order to fix all vibrations!