View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
What?

Send a message via AIM to Turbo Squid
Mein Auto: M3 (E36) '99, 335i (E92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilani View Post
M5 is all about the badge which of course comes performance.

It's like buying a 1st class ticket but sitting in couch...I bet you could. But if u but a coach ticket and want to sit in 1st class ... You have no chance in hell.

Doesn't make sense to remove the badging!!!!

The M5 is not all about the badge. Only materialistic people think that way.

Your analogy on plane tickets makes no sense... What you're saying corresponds to buying an M5 and trying to pass it off as a 520d -or- buying a 520d and trying to pass it off as an M5. Neither is the case here.

If I had to analogize this M5 debadging scenario I would put it like this: I'm the kind of person who would buy a ~$27k White Gold Rolex Daytona even though by the naked eye it looks pretty much identical to the ~$8k Stainless Steel Rolex Daytona. I don't need everyone to know its a big shot piece, I know, and that is what matters most. (Needless to say that most people worth their salt can instantly recognize that this is an M5 and not a subordinate trim 5'er.)

If you need a badge to feel better about yourself then you are missing the point of the M5 entirely. It is meant to be visually understated, and professional.

If you wanna be flashy go buy something that you think doesn't need a badge to be recognized as what it is.

Side note, ANYONE can slap an M5 badge back on there. (Preferably done by a legit dealer or bodyshop so the spacing is correct and doesn't look off.)

Just sayin'.

Stg V N/A