View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
You're kidding, right? The base F30 interior looks terrible (particularly in beige with the black dash.....just awful).

-First off, the aluminum that's on the base model F30 isn't even real aluminum....it's some kind of composite plastic junk. To me, this crappy plastic trim is a major downgrade from the wood trim on the E90. So either you spend $500 for the wood trim, or you buy one of the "lines" for a few grand.

-I don't mind that BMW's don't have leather standard, but at the prices they're asking, it's a little absurd that they don't. If Audi can do it in the A4, I don't understand why it's so hard for BMW to offer leather standard.

Well, that's your loss, and a very dated viewpoint (would've been true 4-5 years ago). I love BMW's, but I'm not so jaded to think that Cadillac/Infiniti/etc. can make a car just as good. Besides, it's good that companies like Caddy are stepping up to the plate and taking on the 3 series....it makes BMW work that much harder to produce a great sports sedan.
You should check out the options pricing on the ATS before calling out BMW. The base car with the 2.0T has leatherette and leather is not even an option. You have to move up to the 2.0 Luxury package to get leather and this starts at $40,300.00. The Performance version has leather and starts at $42,800. There's a nice credit if you opt for the MT. Think 328i Sportine with leather, Xenons and some lane sensors but no nav or HUD.