View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4412 View Post
I believe this is my first post here on bimmerfest, but I have been trolling the forums here for months and have found the information here very helpful.

My frustration goes all the way back to June 16th when I ordered my 2013 335i MT. First I wasn't given a production number for 3 weeks. When I finally did get it, I was told I could not get the dynamic handling package unless I also ordered the M Sport Line. Needless to say after reading forums on here, I was pissed to find out that I could get it that way.

So weeks pass by, and finally on August 17th my car finishes production and is released to the shipping carrier in South Africa (I was finally told).

Since then, I've been talking to BMW NA, and my salesman. They keep telling me my car is one more week away, and a week goes by and nothing. Last week I was left a voicemail that my car was in and ready for pickup. When I called back, they said "OOPS, that's someone else's car"!

Today, I finally decided I've had enough (now waiting for over 3 months). I called the dealership directly and asked to speak to the sales manager. After he dug through some information and called me back, he said that my car is STILL at the port in Africa awaiting a shipping vessel!!!!

He said he can't tell me when my car is going to ship and that even when it does, the journey to the states will take about three weeks! ( I live in CT).

I am so beside myself now, and honestly I almost feel like i want to cancel my order and go to Audi!

Can someone please give me some words of advice or at least talk me off the ledge here...
I feel for you brother but my advice for you is to cancel it. These A-holes not only strung you along for weeks now but gave you false info on the Dynamic handling package and I hate to say this to you its one must have option. My car by the time I get it will also be 3 months but my CA was upfront with this info. He told me the 335i is just difficult to get a build spot for so you will probably get the car by the end of September. Well found out yesterday it will land in NJ on October 2nd.

Just cancel the car and go to a dealership that will take good care of you, get the dynamic handling package. You waited this long might as well wait another few weeks and get what you want. if you are ordering the NAV you just might be able to get the updated NAV also. Again find out upfront the build date before you order.

I have one question for you. Why didn't you go to an Audi in the first place? if you wanted a 335i that is the car you will be happy with, not a substitution.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.