View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
27.4 mpg

I logged another 400 miles behind the wheel today. Average speed was a bit lower than my last road trip, and consequently fuel mileage was marginally better at 27.4 mpg calculated (27.3 per computer), with minimal stop and go driving. EcoPro mode has shown to be of little advantage so far. Not only is throttle response retarded, but the cabin comfort is reduced as the computer maximizes the HVAC system's efficiency. I did allow the auto stop to function normally since it rarely activated. I guess it's nice to have the option to use these systems, but I'm glad BMW is letting it up to us to decide whether or not to use them. I'm afraid the day will come when we no longer have the choice.

On a side note, at 1,000 miles I'm disappointed to report my cruise control is now malfunctioning. The "set" function isn't working, so I have to use the "accelerate" or "decelerate" features to set the speed, and the "resume" features isn't working at all. I also can't figure out how to stop the radio from defaulting to AM, when I don't listen to AM and even tuned to a single AM station. Even if I'm listening to Sirius before switching to CD, it automatically goes back to AM when I select radio. Any ideas?

And while I'm ranting, how is it possible that a $45,000 vehicle doesn't have a sunglasses holder???????

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX