View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
The cup holders in the car are a joke
BMW engineers know how to build a suspension & drive train and BMW Marketing knows how to sell a vehicle but BMW management doesn't know how to build a car.

Examples, at least for my E39 that I know well, include cupholders shattering, cooling systems leaking, abs control module wires lifting, blower motor controls frying, disa flap design breaking, vanos seals shrinking, windshield molding crumbling, rear brake light sockets melting, window regulators breaking, door seals leaking, jack pads falling off, headlight adjusters crumbling, roundels washing away over time, trunk looms fraying, pixels disappearing, ambient temperature sensor vulnerable location, wood trim cracking, power steering hose leaks, windshield washer pumps leaking, seat cover switches breaking, etc.

And that's just 'my' E39.

I can't blame the engineers; nor the marketing; it's BMW management that doesn't know how to make decisions on how to build a 'real' car.