View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post
Run as far away from this dealer as you can. I've had better sales experience at Honda and Toyota dealerships. Make sure u get back your deposit .... Seeing the way this a-hole has dragged u along , he might delay your deposit refund. Also make sure you let BMW NA know about your dealer experience .... That really hurts them the most ... Not to be sadistic but I really feel this is something that cannot be forgiven. I was able to place an order on the 7th aug , as promised he had an allocation number ready for me in 3 days along with the VIN, completed production on the 6th of Sept , sailed on the Toronto on the 13th and docked in NY today .... Hoping to get the car by the weekend. Bottem line it's very doable and any dealer that's dishonest deserves to be reprimanded . Start afresh collect info from dealers , look outside your regional dealers if need be, may be look for a European delivery to mitigate your loss and stress .... It'll be we'll worth it .... Good luck !
Doc...I am so jealous and upset! Like you I completed production on 9/6 but for 2 weeks the status was released to carrier awaiting transportation to exit port. Now since 9/20 the status is in transit to exit port. Dealer hasn't been able to tell me any more and nobody has any idea why. There are 3 ships in the next week leaving for Baltimore and I pray I am on one of them.

I wish someone could explain the rhyme and reason behind the inconsistencies with post production transportation.