Thread: Z4 Coupe (E86) 2007 Z4 M Coupe
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 07Z4MCoupe
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe
you guys are awesome

I appreciate all the help, Most of the driving Ive done has been in armored suburbans and 7 series bimmers that weigh a lot more after 4500lbs of armor has been added (I work in Afghanistan 9 months out of the year). I definately will be doing some courses both defensive and racing throughout NC when I'm home. I'm not going bonkers on the mods yet, I am trying to go at it in a way where I can see the improvements, wheels and tires first, headers, X-over, Exhaust will be the first improvements to give it a nice roar and it shouldnt adjust the experience so drastically that its a completely new ride.

I am concerned about the suspension though, I dont plan on going any lower simply due to it being used as my weekend toy, I would like a little more adjustable handling so that when I do arrive at that point where I want to put an edge in here and there to get it just right for me I have that option but I also dont want it to be too tough where its going to be such a stiff ride that it isnt a great cruiser. Any suggestions on that would be cool.

For wheels- I think 20's would look amazing (for cruising, and most likely 18's for the track) but definately take from the performance, anyone think its worth the sacrifice or have any ideas as to upgrading another component to balance the 20" wheels and not lose too much?

Thanks for all the info so far, you guys are awesome and I'll keep you updated on the progress.