Thread: Wagner IC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel61 View Post
@Snipe, TurboEddie from boost configured a 335i IC to adapt to his "D" and he told me the car is giving him anywhere from 44-47 mpg HIGHWAY at speeds of 70 mph, he drives mostly Hwy miles anyway. But yes I beleive there will be a GREAT improvement on ou cars, Lenny from RENNtech also advized to get and IC for my car in the future since the OEM IC is not the best there is.
What is done to TurboEddie's car because what you are saying implies to me that the factory IC is inefficient just cruising down the freeway. That to me I find a little hard to believe because with the wind blowing over it in that scenario should be the time it is the most efficient. I'd also think it would be the time the least amount of "charged" air is being pumped through it.

I am sure the factory IC is not the best there is but my questions are more on if someone has actually logged things to show that it is in fact inefficient for likely use scenarios. I thought a lot of these "tunes" did not even up the boost on the cars and would have thought increased boost levels is what would put a potentionally efficient unit into the inefficient range. So makes me wonder as to perhaps how inefficient this thing is in stock usage scenarios. I just know from person experience on turbocharged gas cars that the only times I ended up needing a better intercooler is when I got greedy with boost and/or put bigger turbos on.