Thread: Wagner IC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel61 View Post
Frankly speaking if youre not inclined to driving hard like most of us do then the OEM IC is good for you but if you do drive hard then I believe you would have to modify certain parts of ANY car to get the best performance. I.e. you bench flash or piggy back be prepared to have a better intake, exhaust, suspension, and brakes!! if so desired but not all if the money is not available, but again to each its own, check turboEddie at the boost and give him a PM , Im pretty sure he has a log to satisfy anyone who inquires.
We modify 6.0 PSD trucks down here a lot and "frankly speaking" the IC never has been inefficient and we are in fact upping the boost levels a lot. Sometimes people modify parts because they think they are inefficient yet they have no proof and are just throwing their money into the wind so to speak. I see guys do this on those same trucks where they replace pieces of the exhaust because they figure it is a restriction when in fact it long since has been proven it is not. I used to see this same exact logic when I raced turbocharged Mustangs for years. There is nothing wrong with having a curiosity to see what is and is not a weak point on a car's setup for someones overall goals with it.