Thread: Wagner IC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
We modify 6.0 PSD trucks down here a lot and "frankly speaking" the IC never has been inefficient and we are in fact upping the boost levels a lot. Sometimes people modify parts because they think they are inefficient yet they have no proof and are just throwing their money into the wind so to speak. I see guys do this on those same trucks where they replace pieces of the exhaust because they figure it is a restriction when in fact it long since has been proven it is not. I used to see this same exact logic when I raced turbocharged Mustangs for years. There is nothing wrong with having a curiosity to see what is and is not a weak point on a car's setup for someones overall goals with it.
Which is precisely why Wagner needs to provide the R&D data to support the notion that there will be benefit.

For me a larger IC is not about the expectation that I will gain some substantial increase in HP, it's more about sustaining an acceptable delta between IAT's and ambient temps for a longer period time - thus resulting in higher sustained hp delivery. Dyno runs have proven that heat soak is a killer on our cars, so being able to maintain/sustain peak hp/torque output for a longer period of time is an advantage in my book.

Perhaps TDIWyse will chime in regartding his IAT findings when he logged his friend's car.

Last edited by cssnms; 09-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.