Thread: Wagner IC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Which is precisely why Wagner needs to provide the R&D data to support the notion that there will be benefit.

For me a larger IC is not about the expectation that I will gain some substantial increase in HP, it's more about sustaining an acceptable delta between IAT's and ambient temps for a longer period time - thus resulting in higher sustained hp delivery. Dyno runs have proven that heat soak is a killer on our cars, so being able to maintain/sustain peak hp/torque output for a longer period of time is an advantage in my book.

Perhaps TDIWyse will chime in regartding his IAT findings when he logged his friend's car.
Dyno runs can be a bad way of determining things, well unless the heat soak is just REALLY bad. Reason being is even with those fancy fans they use it is really hard to emulate the real world effect wind has.

I do not see an IC as an avenue to HP but as an avenue for getting the delta you are speaking of, which ultimately should help with maintaining HP across usage. Then even if these cars do have a poorly efficient factory IC it still is nice to look at the data for aftermarket options because not all IC cores are created equally too.

I am not knocking the option for one, just curious to see the data people have collected to prove both the need for one and how much each aftermarket option help solve that need. Since I do not frequent the other BMW forums enough to know about all options/issues for the 335d then just figured asking here might result in seeing where others have already done all this.