View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Regional Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
I held off using these pictures for a while, since they weren't the best pictures ever, but they are a bit different, so I figured I might as well post them. I am going to post two different cars. The first car, a 2012 black Honda Accord, the owner wanted me to wrap the top chrome grill piece in carbon fiber. Just to make note, the owner supplied their own carbon fiber vinyl material, and I have no idea who the make/manufacturer is. I just know the quality was fairly poor and the adhesive was separating itself from the vinyl from me just sticking it on the surface of the grill once and picking it up again to readjust.

Before:

After:

This second car is quite a bit different from most of the standard set of cars that I am used to having come by. I believe this was something like a 1992 black Acura Legend. The owner of this car wanted me to vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The roof had some slight paint imperfections/oxidation, and he wanted me to cover over those and also provide a slight change in the look of the car at the same time (originally we were just going to wrap the roof in gloss black). I took these pictures during overcast, so you can't see much details in the weave. However, this kind of provides you guys with an idea of how the vinyl material looks like in low lighting. From further away it looks more matte/flat and then as you get closer you start to see the weaves.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com