View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: pending...
Sent this email on Monday:
My wife and I took delivery of our new X1 a few weeks ago and both we and our dealer were disappointed to find that several items we were expecting on the car were not there.

This is for vin # XXX

The missing items are:

#1 No paddle shifters, advertised as included standard on M-sport package.
#2 No power seats, as advertised as standard ("Driver's seat memory") on M-sport package.
#3 No iDrive, previously advertised as "standard" on ALL X1 models on the BMWUSA website when we ordered our car in June, but which has since been updated and removed from the website.

Who should we contact to address these issues? Our dealer indicated we needed to take the matter up with BMWUSA.

I got an email back today (Thursday):
"Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC. Your information has been forwarded to XXX at 1-800-831-1117. She is researching your inquiry and will call you soon to further assist you."

Also I have the equipment and option list on PDF that was revised on June 11th 2012 that lists iDrive as standard on all models. The current version on the website was revised on August 2nd, and deleted any reference to iDrive availability. We ordered our car June 28th, before the latest "revision."