View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
I continue to negotiate a resolution on the paddle shifter issue. To this point, the dealer has maintained an intermediary position, and I have had no direct contact with BMW. The current offer on the table is a $500 credit for accessories. That's ideal for BMW because factoring in margins, the actual cost to them is likely pretty low. But BMW doesn't offer the full line of accessories here in the US, and the stuff I really want isn't available here. I have already purchased my winter wheels and tires, and I'm not the kind of guy to wear BMW jackets, hats and polo shirts. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm trying to relay that you really can't put a price on the satisfaction of using the paddles - an experience I've forever been denied. What can be quantified eventually is the lower resale value, but we have no idea if that will be $50 or $500 when it comes time to get rid of the car.

It seems to me BMW needs to come up with a standard resolution for all buyers. It's in their best interest to be proactive in resolving the issue before the situation causes more embarrassment. Plus, if some get a better deal than the others, that could lead to yet another round of complaints. And of course if somebody gets disgruntled enough, legal action is always a possibility. What a mess!

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX